June 3, 2012

Things have been SO busy for us these days. Derrick is consumed by his engineering courses, the end of the school year is approaching, and things are picking up at the winery so I am working a lot more too.  The upside of this is that it forces me to be much more organized and gives me little time to worry about things "working out" Every term is a juggling act for childcare and work hours, and arranging things just right so that kids are sent off to school and greeted by mom and dad or a family member when they get home. 

All I can say is I will be more than glad when he is done. I have put my photography on hold, professionally speaking, because I just don't have the time to devote to client expectations. I have been using this down period to do some serious planning for re-branding, more education, searching out a mentor, and hopefully an equipment upgrade (fingers crossed). Ever day I tick something off the list. Saturday it was take a self portrait. I dont have a professional portrait of myself and I am really vain picky, so I want it to be just so...

I set up the camera and metered the exposure and had Derrick snap a few pics. Parker really wanted to take some pictures as well, so I knelt down and she gave me direction (look this way, turn your head, etc)...she also snapped one of Derrick and I together.

When I uploaded all the pictures to my computer, hers were the ones that turned out best. Perhaps I have a budding photographer on my hands...

me

mebw

030edited

In Derrick's defense, he did snap this one...I know...I shoulda done something different with my hair...

023edited

023bw

She's a keeper!

013growingup

Finally I came across this quote...I am keeping it near and reading it daily


“Without leaps of imagination or dreaming, we lose the excitement of possibilities. Dreaming, after all is a form of planning.” -Gloria Steinem


signature

2 comments:

Libby's Life said...

I'm thinking she is going to be a photographer for sure!! Those pics are amazing that she took! :) And that quote is amazing!

Jana said...

Libby, I know! She Really centered us well and no camera shake!