June 1, 2011

done and done

Well I promised to post about the "Big Reveal" today, and I guess technically I made
it but it is a tad late. Unfortunately this morning started with much whining and crying...and you think I am talking about the kids. Ha! I literally could not drag myself out of bed until about 11 am. Actually I had gotten up earlier to make breakfast for the kids, but then passed out again as soon as Derrick got home.

I was a painting fool today though. I did touch up on the cabinets and the shelves, and then kind of started on my chairs...but then decided that they needed WAY more attention than I was willing to give right now...mainly a hand sander and some prep cleaning. Another day I suppose.

Lets just take a walk down memory lane, shall we?

brown cabinet

This is what the "kitchen" looked like when we first took the keys to this place. We had just started painting the wall and eventually we got to the floors....but NOW...well now it at least looks more cohesive and homey.  Its not fancy, but I am happy.

053

057a

056

Ok, now what do you think? Not too shabby eh?

And just for fun, here is a picture of Parker I snapped in the middle of it

040


signature

2 comments:

Molly said...

You did such a great job!!! Seriously you are amazing - I could never do it in that space!

Annie said...

Looks wonderful! Amazing job, I need you to come over and help me with my "picture" wall... I want it to look more like yours!