April 21, 2011

I heard the rushing and knew...

This post came at just the right time for me. Due to an unfortunate toilet flooding incident I had to toss our area rugs. When you live in 400 sq ft and the floor is graded all the toilet "water" runs into the living room.  My son went into the bathroom, flushed the toilet, and the minute I heard the unmistakable sound of large quantities of pouring water I knew what it was. I was almost paralyzed to rush in and turn off the water...it was already pouring out full bore.

So here we are without area rugs and just the brown painted concrete which actually isn't so bad, and considering summer is close by (knock wood that I didn't just bring another wave of rain to the PacNW by saying that) having concrete is really nice for keeping things cool indoors.

013

014


So I think I am going to take on Holly's advice and empty the room, clean it top to bottom, fill holes and spot touch with paint, then reevaluate.  There is just WAY too much stuff in there. It's overwhelming.  If there is less and everything has a home things will be much more manageable.

Oh yeah, and there is the new couch...how anticlimactic...but somehow a rushing torrent of poo water seems more urgent than the new sofa.

015

0 comments: