March 14, 2011

Yesterday was such an incredible day of rest. The hubs and I got up and dressed the kids and went to our old church (we live quite a bit farther from it now) and even though our pastor is out on sabbatical, I was still pleasantly filled with the spirit of that place. It was just what I needed. The guest speaker was Tammy Dunahoo. The ONE thing I came away with was the message that if we know where we came from (God...we are children of God) and we know where we are going (back to God) then we can unburden ourselves of the worry about the trials and tribulations that happen in the middle. AWESOME! I needed to hear that.

Then we came home and the whole family napped, and I mean marathon, champion napping...even the cat got in on the action. It felt so good to snuggle up to my kids and just let the house be messy (which it still is).

We ended the day with some taco bell for diner (because I believe in quality nutritious food only 90% of the time. The rest should be whatever you want!) and a movie, Lord Of The Rings.

And I have to say it was one of the best days I have had in a long time. No pressure to get some stupid assignment done. No rushing off to work. No cleaning...nothing. I only did what I wanted to do...that included eating two tapioca puddings for lunch...Yep it was that kind of day.

kids and feet warmer sharpen sepia


I leave you with this.

This being human is a guest house.

Every morning a new arrival.

A joy, a depression, a meanness,

some momentary awareness comes

as an unexpected visitor.

Welcome and entertain them all!

Even if they’re a crowd of sorrows,

who violently sweep your house

empty of its furniture,

still, treat each guest honorably.

He may be clearing you out

for some new delight.

The dark thought, the shame, the malice,

meet them at the door laughing,

and invite them in.

Be grateful for whoever comes,

because each has been sent

as a guide from beyond.

— Jalaladin Rumi, trans. Coleman Barks, The Guest House

0 comments: