November 24, 2010

Remebering to be Thankful

Oh my goodness! How hard is it to type a post from a handheld?! Its tedious, but before I run off to school I wanted to talk about what I am thankful for, not just to share with my readers but also to solidify it in my conscious. Sometimes the act of putting something down in the written form makes it more real...and scientifically speaking it creates another neural pathway to recall the memory.

First, I am thankful to Heavenly Father. I can't even put words to explain what a relationship with the lord means to my life, and thankfully I don't have to; He understands me implicitly.

I am so thankful for my husband and kids. They are the light of my life! I am amazed at how my husband continues to push himself to be better and achieve more. How he supports my en devours. How he tells me " I love you the way you are" and "if you just want to be a stay at home mom, that's ok too" And my kids who are wonderful, and fun. And emind me that I am important, even when I feel the blah-est of blah. I matter to them and some days it keeps me going.

Especially grateful for my friends. My friends are awesome, quality people! My advice to young people; Invest in your friendships. They are equally important as your marriage and good friends will bring out the best in you and help you to remember who you are when you get lost in love, kids, and career. Never underestimate the importance of friendship!

Laslty I want to honor our families, both mine and Derrick's Everyone of them has in one way or another helped us to realize our goals. Without their support we would be in a much different place.

I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving. If this post is wrought with typos I apologize in advance.

2 comments:

Tamar said...

I agree - women need their girlfriends! Happy Thanksgiving - I'm honored to call you a friend.

Jenni said...

A well written and heart felt post, Jana. Wishing you and your family a wonderful Thanksgiving and looking forward to seeing soon. Love Jen