October 30, 2010

What's going on in our bedroom

I guess this post title is somewhat misleading....but

Honestly, most of my daydreams center around decor. I fantasize about home projects and making things look fab without spending major cashola. Because our current place doesn't belong to us and is definitely temporary, we tend to think more along the lines of things that will decorate our space but are not permanent fixtures...we want to take as much as we can with us, but I digress...lets get back to the fantasies!

Carries apartment from the sex and the city movies...I ask you folks, what's not to love?




I absolutely love the color on the walls!! In case you are wondering it is Benjamin Moore Electric Blue No. 2061-40

*Serious note to self: This color could really glam up a bedroom or even just a half/guest bath if your not ready to take the color plunge.



Moving on to my current desire... Bedding!!









I have been wanting bedding to brighten and liven up our bedroom, but it needed to be not too expensive, and something that can be used year round. Also I am trying to marry some of the colors I have going on in the house. This is the color of our bathroom and hallway. Psst! don't look too close or you will see the mess through the doorway



I came across this quite some time ago and have been biding my time...well it finally went on sale for about 30% off, so I pounced.



I think with a few deep red accents this will look great during the holidays. Then when spring comes around some lovey white throw pillows will freshen things up just in time for sunny weather.

And the best part is I got it at Target, so it definitely wasn't going to break the bank at full price, making the additional discount a major bonus!





0 comments: