December 5, 2009

These moments....

Life has been crazy lately. My A&P class is coming to an end in just 4 days (collective sigh of relief from my entire family, I am sure) and for a couple of weeks I will have some semblance of normalcy as I take some time to enjoy the holidays. Before I know it I will be starting round two of my course work, hopefully with more discipline and a better idea of what it is going to take for me to perform at my best. In the meantime I look forward to baking cookies, decorating the house for Christmas, going to church, sleeping in, and enjoy, what Parker affectionately refers to as, huggle-snuggles with my kids. This holiday season will be such a blessing...no rushing around for gifts or running the kids to daycare and back day in and day out. I get to really enjoy it this time. Now that is something to be thankful for.

....and before I forget, here are some images from our trip to Seattle where we had some family time (and lot of study time for me) and Derrick completed yet another marathon...






Meeting up with my dear friend Michelle and her family




Derrick shaved over 30 minutes off of his last marathon time...incredible!

You must eat here if you are in Seattle...right across from Pike Place Market...even Anthony Bourdain endorses this place!


Once you have your Piroshky, then you must go down a couple of doors to the french pastry/coffee shop on the corner. They have the best jasmine green tea, and some delicious sweet and/or savory pastries as well.



This kid is gorgeous! I can't believe she is mine


And this one steals a little piece of my heart everyday!


A good time was had by all

1 comments:

Conrad, Michelle, Bronwen & Ava Family said...

Jana,

You and your family are so beautiful and such great people. Conrad even mentioned how nice it would be if we lived closer. You are great, it is awesome to just click with someone! :-)

I'm so excited for you to be able to enjoy the holidays without all the hustle and bustle. And, congrats on almost finishing your class!

Lastly, I love the black and white of Derrick running -my fave of all you've posted so far.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Your Friend, Michelle