October 7, 2009

Rooms and Running

I have been completely remiss in neglecting my poor little blog. Mired down in school work and studying for Anatomy and Physiology. The studying takes up so much of my time that I hardly have a moment to myself to let my mind partake in any sort of creative pursuits....so sad. I will be glad when it is over and I can breathe deeply and relax....

In the meantime I have been trying to think of ways I can dress up my kids' room but still make it gender appropriate for both Parker and Kellan, and I think I found a solution at Pottery Barn...

What do you think?



Just the bedding of course....I still have my childhood bunk beds which I am on the fence about whether or not to paint. The soft cream of the beds pictured above is so dreamy though!

Haven't quite decided what to do with the wall space around their beds yet, but I am mulling it over (read, I haven't gotten that far because I hardly have the time to even think about it!)


In other exciting news Derrick completed his first Marathon this last Sunday! I am so proud of him! His next goal is to qualify for the Boston Marathon. This will likely take a couple years of training, but I am certain he will do it.



Heading around the corner to the finish line




Resting with the kids





I am proud of you honey!

1 comments:

Kelly Jones said...

Love the bedding. I think it's perfect and I think you should paint the bunk beds. You like painted furniture anyways and the creamy white will withstand decor change down the road. Congrats to Derrick...love the pic of him and the kiddos :)