August 16, 2009

This cake is gay.....

As in happy! I totally cannot take credit for this rainbow of happiness...I first saw it here.
I have wanted to make it ever since, and my sister in law's (Deven) birthday was the perfect opportunity. We told her before she cut into it that the cake we made her was a labor of love....because it certainly was laborious, but was most definitely done out of love....



2 white cake mixes...

Nikki, my partner in crime, mixing up the batter

All the colors of the rainbow!

Almost done....

The Birthday Girl.....she has no idea what she is about to cut into

drum roll please

Ta da!

Josh enjoying a slice of happiness

Nikki, holding what we began to call our baby....seriously we put in over 3 hours



So there you have it....so lovely and bright, and enough sugar to kill a horse! I love this cake so much....Also doubles as a gay pride cake for those of you that want to proclaim your support; A lovely show of support if I do say so myself. Whatever you use it for, it is worth making....you cannot look at it and not smile!


4 comments:

Molly said...

That is amazing! I need the recipe. I want to take a bite out if it too! Yum...

Mary Danner said...

That is awesome. What a fun idea for a kids party too.

Conrad, Michelle, Bronwen & Ava Family said...

Oh you are a tease! Hahaha! Seriously, the cake looks awesome and delicious! :-) Hmm...why do I want to be bad and click on the link for the recipe? ;-)

Annie Rivers-Dennis said...

Oh my... how I love it so!