May 21, 2009

A letter to my son...

Dear Kellan,
I cannot believe 2 years has passed!

Being your mother has been the greatest joy of my life. I cried when I found out you were a boy. I wanted a boy so badly, and knew that this was likely the last baby my body could handle. God blessed me by allowing me to make it through one more pregnancy and by giving me a healthy child....you!

I have enjoyed every minute of watching you meet milestones and develop your endearing personality. You are a sweet boy, always ready to shower momma with love and hugs.

I hope to raise you to be a kind, loving, giving, and compassionate person. You are already so much like your father, I can see that it will not be difficult for you to embody these qualities. I look forward to the years to come, and what they hold for you...

Happy Birthday Kellan, I love you so much!

Love,
Mom



Kellan Louis Foo Bornn May 21, 2007 5lbs. 14oz.



Getting ready to go with the NICU transport team to Emanuel Hospital


June 2007, right after he came home


Mom and Kellan


April 2009



May 2009

Mothers Day 2009

2 comments:

Molly said...

So sweet! He is such a cutie... He and Hayden share the same birthday! It looks like he had quite a rough start to life!

Jana said...

He was a little early, so that I would not have liver failure like I did with Parker...as a result his lungs were just shy of being mature and he needed a little help breathing. Definitely a far cry from what other parents in the NICU were dealing with. We were very fortunate.