April 13, 2009

Easter 2009

This Easter was one of the best I have had in a long time. Derrick and I woke the kids up individually and gave them their Easter baskets as we were getting them dressed. I then tried to explain to Parker what Easter is about, and I got her to reiterate that it was about Jesus who died to make our lives better...she nodded in fierce agreement. I tried to simplify it as much as possible so she would understand.
Then we headed off to Starbucks to meet up with the Foo side of the family.
It was nice to just sit and relax over some coffee. Derrick's mom did Easter baskets for the adult kids as she always does.


After that we headed out to church, to hear about Jesus, the real reason for Easter! We usually go Beaverton Foursquare but in stead went to Rock Creek at Deven's invitation. The praise worship was so uplifting and moving.

After church services we headed out to the Dennis family farm for an Easter egg hunt put on by my sister in law Annie. She did a beautiful job and all the kids had such a great time....and all the adults had a great time too!



We headed home that afternoon and had a family nap (we were all pooped!) and then later that evening after putting the kids to bed Derrick and I settled in and watched Slumdog Millionaire. It was a really great day, and I found myself reflecting on how blessed our family is and how much God has given to me and how much he continues to provide.

0 comments: